iWeb '09 file help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by weemanpow3, Feb 5, 2009.

1. weemanpow3 macrumors 6502

weemanpow3

me and my friend are starting to make a small site and want to try out iweb. The one problem I found is where does this file save to, I mean if my friend wants to work on the site where do i find the file to send it to him.
    Thanks

2. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

You need to look for ~/user/application support/iweb/domain

3. terrywfoster macrumors regular

I am having the same problem with iLife 09. I can not find the website files to bring to another mac that I bought. I've followed all the websites info I can find. I can not find these files for anything to move. THey are not where they are said to be. Please help. I have an entire website that I do no care to lose.

Apple says look here
    Macintosh HD/Users/Your username/Library/Application Support/iWeb/

4. Starhorsepax macrumors member

Starhorsepax

Look under your user home folder - library - application support. It's in an iwebs folder and marked domain.

But if you want to edit code you need to publish it. A definite downside to iwebs.

5. Starhorsepax macrumors member

Starhorsepax

Could it have ended up in another user account somehow, there is supposed to be a different one for admin, or the mac's main website I think than a standard account. (I use both, one just to troubleshoot and the like, so it would be easy sometimes to get confused.)

6. burnsmedia macrumors newbie

burnsmedia

Finding Domain file

I would recommend you download a program called Find File - it is very good at locating files that Spotlight may not find, in particular the iWeb Domain file. The suffix for the Domain file should be .sites2, so search for Domain.sites2 and you should find it.

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/30073/find-file

7. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

Seriously, why is this so complicated? I can't find any folder on my MBP called "iWeb." How can I move my iWeb 09 files to iWeb 10 (or iWeb 11)??

8. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

The thread tells you where it should be,
    Code:
    /Users/miamialley/Library/Application Support/iWeb/Domain.sites2
    If it's not there then you must have moved it manually.

9. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

First, there is no iWeb 10 or 11 yet. Second, when it's released, all you have to do is install it, and it will go ahead and see your iWeb database so you everything is there without any effort. Your question is a little nonsensical.

jW

10. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

It's not there and I definitely did not move it.

11. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

I hope that's true, but I still cannot locate the file(s).

12. Midniyte macrumors newbie

This is my issue too and I did not move it and it is not there. I have a screenshot proving how iwebs is open on my tool bar and my file tree shows there is no iwebs right after /Library/Application Support/........if anyone needs this sent to prove what I am saying (I attempted attaching this and it may show up here, the picture has a busy desktop collage, then the file tree opened in a search in the Finder, and an arrow showing where iwebs is on the tool bar

Was this resolved as to where else to look?

Attached Files: