iWeb 09, Good or Bad?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Lordillingworth, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Lordillingworth macrumors regular

Hello there, i have been toying with the idea of getting another mac to run a small hobby website and podcast from. I am well used to iWeb and the design side of things so i know that it will be able to do the basic things i want but i am worried about some of the reports i have seen here and on the internet about it being full of bugs.
    I was just wandering if anybody could share their experience with it so far.
    The most concerning things i have heard are about it not putting out websites that perform well on anything other than safari and also that when publishing with the ftp option elements of the website won't work.

Also while i think about it, have they sorted out the bug from iWeb 08 that would randomly change your mp3 podcasts into a movie format?!

thanks

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Setting up your own server just to run an iWeb site is a total waste. Get MobileMe if you want all of iWeb's features to work, or check out the "Web Hosting" threads elsewhere in this forum to research web hosting rates.

3. Lordillingworth thread starter macrumors regular

Whoops! I see how that must read now! What i meant was, that i don't have a mac at all at the minute, but was thinking of getting a mac again so that i could use iWeb, i know garage band is perfect for my level of podcasting skills (low!) but i am just nervous about the new iweb after some of the things i have heard which makes me wonder if i should just stick with pc and buy a proper web creation program and hope for the best! sorry about the awful way i worded the opening post! (and possibly this one!)

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Ah, that makes a little more sense. I still don't think that iWeb is a "killer app", but if you want garageband (which I hear is pretty good...) then iWeb is included. Can't hurt, I guess.

I still advocate actually learning HTML/CSS by handcoding simple sites in a text editor, however.