Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

yankeefan24

macrumors 65816
Dec 24, 2005
NYC
Really big update. 95.2 MB! I'm going to wait. I haven't had any problems with iWeb (yet).

Comment

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
yankeefan24 said:
Really big update. 95.2 MB! I'm going to wait. I haven't had any problems with iWeb (yet).

Thank God - this may actually save them a .Mac customer in me. Every since iWeb, I stopped posting my images on .Mac - it used to tak all of 30 seconds, and then iWeb came along and it takes a full 1-2 minutes. Can't wait to see what this will do. :)

Comment

LastLine

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 24, 2005
At this size I assume it essentially replaces the 1.1 patch rather than adding to it. Ah well my upload seems to be going happy now. Yep - a full site upload of http://www.nofears.co.uk (media heavy) and my own http://www.mrclarke.net (somewhat smaller) with no problems. I'd better go check the comments work and stuff.

Comment

ChrisFromCanada

macrumors 65816
May 3, 2004
Hamilton, Ontario (CANADA)
iGary said:
Thank God - this may actually save them a .Mac customer in me. Every since iWeb, I stopped posting my images on .Mac - it used to tak all of 30 seconds, and then iWeb came along and it takes a full 1-2 minutes. Can't wait to see what this will do. :)

I wouldn't expect iWeb 1.1.1 to give you super fast updating to .Mac but rather to address the issues that came up when people would update to their .Mac using iWeb 1.1. If you didn't hear from before, iWeb 1.1 would frequently give errors when uploading to .Mac.

Comment

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
ChrisFromCanada said:
I wouldn't expect iWeb 1.1.1 to give you super fast updating to .Mac but rather to address the issues that came up when people would update to their .Mac using iWeb 1.1. If you didn't hear from before, iWeb 1.1 would frequently give errors when uploading to .Mac.

Yeah, that too - does it require a restart?

Comment

LastLine

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 24, 2005
Actually it does seem faster to me, but this is probably due to the lack of errors now.

No restart required (only of iWeb itself - not the whole Mac)

Comment

BWhaler

macrumors 68040
Jan 8, 2003
Great to see this fixed.

But on a related note, what the heck is going on with Apple Quality Department?

The amount of hardware and software issues nowadays is staggering. I hope some positive change is afoot.

(And no, I know nothing can be bug free. It's crossed the threshold of acceptable flaws.)

Comment

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
BWhaler said:
Great to see this fixed.

But on a related note, what the heck is going on with Apple Quality Department?

The amount of hardware and software issues nowadays is staggering. I hope some positive change is afoot.

(And no, I know nothing can be bug free. It's crossed the threshold of acceptable flaws.)

Thanks goes to the switch for that.

Comment

BlackLilyNinja

macrumors member
Dec 28, 2004
iWeb Crashes EVERY time

ok its just before i install the update. iWeb has never worked properly. There is a bug in the media finder that crashes iWeb EVERY TIME its opened. Lets see if they resolved it because from the size of the file it looks like a complete replacement... 95mb indeed. sheesh

to be continued...

Comment

BlackLilyNinja

macrumors member
Dec 28, 2004
its official

it did NOT fix my crashing problem. The media files are fine but the media manager in iWeb crashes the whole program still.

fn lame

Comment

Craiger77

macrumors member
Jan 6, 2004
Seattle, USA
BlackLilyNinja said:
it did NOT fix my crashing problem. The media files are fine but the media manager in iWeb crashes the whole program still.

fn lame

Wasn't this problem related to using Flip4mac to view Windows Media files in Quicktime? Try updating Flip4mac if you have that installed.

Comment

ccool2ax

macrumors member
Apr 8, 2005
I have high-lag sattelite internet (no other options), and iWeb usually can never get anything published.

I just downloaded 1.1, then 1.1.1, then relaunched iWeb. Wow! Background publish, comments, search, awesomeness, oh my! I love iweb now. (note: hadnt tried 1.1 first)

Comment

jrober

macrumors regular
Jan 22, 2003
Heathfield, UK
I had iWeb 1.1 problems with corrupted image files

Hope 1.1.1 update fixes things, forced me to take down pages from my site. Worked in 1.1.1 this evening but yet to upload. all seems OK.

John

Comment

montex

macrumors regular
Jan 17, 2002
Seattle, WA
I have yet to achieve a successful iWeb upload. Everytime my picture heavy web-site is uploaded, I get the message that one of the images had an error. The problem is heavily documented in the Apple Discussions Boards.

Hopefully, this will correct the upload problem.

Comment

appleguy

macrumors 6502
Aug 23, 2002
Auckland, NZ
Yeah I am running sweet now
it was driving me nuts under 1.1
But it does seem funny 1.1 was about the same size as 1.1.1
I wonder why 1.1.1 wasnt just a couple of megs for people that already had downloaded 1.1

Comment

Kyle Nerder

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2005
Toronto
it's about time.

almost 2 weeks to get this update.

this update fixed up all the errors I was receiving.

I'll never be fast to update any of my software ever again though after this.

Comment

aricher

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2004
Chi-il
Superfast update on my cable modem. Uploading no problem now. I only had intermittent problems uploading though. Thanks for the fix Apple.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.