iWeb 2007 Reinstall - Can't Find on Restore Disk

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by chrisprobert, May 10, 2010.

1. chrisprobert macrumors newbie

Hi:

After deleting iWeb '07 to save space on my disk, I now want to use it again. I believe it's on the OS X restore disk (along with the other iLife '07 apps), but I can't find it. I've used Pacifist and searched through the folder hierarchy (including system/installation/packages) and performed a search for "iWeb.app" but I can't find it.

Any thoughts?
    Help would be greatly appreciated!

2. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

It's not on the OS X Disk, at least not the first one (if your computer came with two disks labelled Mac OS X). If you are using the original grey install disks that came with your computer, put disk 2 in and use Pacifist to check that. If you have retail disks, you'd have to find your iLife disk.

jW

3. chrisprobert thread starter macrumors newbie

I can't find it on the second disk, even with pacifist, that one seems to only have classic and the files for classic on it. The first disk has all the iLife apps on it except iweb.

4. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

If the disk has classic on it, chances are it's not for iLife '07. Classic stopped being shipped with computers quite a while ago, with the last iBook that supported it being released in 2004. iWeb was released in January 2006, so your disks probably contain iLife '04 or '05. If you had iWeb previously, you bought a retail iLife '07 disk. You'll need to find that disk to reinstall iWeb.

jW