Iweb and adsense

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by ihatevista, Dec 9, 2008.

1. ihatevista macrumors newbie

how simple is using adsense in iweb, Do you have a lot of flexability in ad placement. I normally use dreamweaver it has a ton of control but can sometimes be a little tricky in exact placement of the ad.

Can iweb adsense be placed anywhere in a snap like a photo can be placed in pages? or do you have less freedom?

2. SrWebDeveloper macrumors 68000

SrWebDeveloper

Here's a video that explains the entire process, visually, and you have full freedom to position the ad block anywhere you want as a block level item, just like photos. Alot of people use iWeb Enhancer which is an Apple iWeb tool that allows you to add Flickr, YouTube, Adsense, Blogrolling and more to your iWeb Sites.

-jim

3. Mitou macrumors regular

If you use iweb 08 you do not need iweb enhancer to includes ads in your site. They can be integrated in a snippet. When you are in google you select the html code that is given to you and paste it in a snippet, you sometimes have to adjust the size of the box but most time all you to do is position it where you want.

4. SrWebDeveloper macrumors 68000

SrWebDeveloper

Yes, nobody here said enhancer was "needed". However, it does provide a much more iWeb-like experience via drag and drop, as the OP asked if it could be placed "like a photo can be placed in pages" - this is why it was included in my response along with the video to provide two easy alternatives, and let them decide.

-jim

5. Mitou macrumors regular

Iweb enhancer is not necessary either for you tube or any of the options mentionned. It can all be done from within iweb; what more of an iweb experience can a third party software add. There is nothing simpler that the snippet method. click snippet copy paste code and you are done!
    It is nice to sell additional software, but not to encourage its use when it is does not provide a better solution.
    In this case it does not, iweb enhancer was almost a necessity with iweb 06 but not anymore unless one wishes to make changes that do not work with snippets, but one must also know that using it will prevent some functions of iweb from working. For example it will "kill" comments on blogs and a few other side effects.

6. SrWebDeveloper macrumors 68000

SrWebDeveloper

Good points, especially 06 vs 08 version and the bug thing. However, the OP didn't post their version info, did they? I am only at issue with your assumptions that I meant it was "better" or "needed" or that a motivation to "sell" rose above logic. That's your interpretation -- now I'm letting you know that wasn't my intent at all. If I had ONLY posted enhancer as the solution, your comments would be well suited. You could have said that thing about the BUG in your first response, btw! That's more important than anything else we're bantering about now, don't you agree?

Okay, are we in sync now? Can I please offer an alternative solution next time anywhere on this forum and not be subject to an online assault? Thank you!

-jim

7. Mitou macrumors regular

What happened here?
    What assault? I only pointed out that iweb enhancer that you proposed was not necessary. There was no assault, no bantering.
    I guess a Senior developer self given title give you some kind of exclusive rights to offer suggestions, and pity the fool who dares say something else. I was at other times the subject of such diatribe for having misinterpreted a word in English, since I am not a native speaker.
    This certainly not the way to make someone fell welcome to the forum.
    Good bye.

8. SrWebDeveloper macrumors 68000

SrWebDeveloper

My title is professional and earned. Just another case of someone jumping into a topic that was already resolved, adding their two cents, and completely missing the context. Offering quality help here is more than spitting out technical facts sometimes! Mitou has alot to learn about listening to the OP carefully and assessing their skill level when offering advice or correcting the advice given by the members here. This isn't Sr. level patronization, this is common sense.

This thread was (and still is) likely completed since a standard and alternative solution were both given in proper context many replies back. Time to move on.

-jim