iWeb and Cookies - quick Question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Marky, May 28, 2012.

1. Marky macrumors regular

Hi, I've tried several searches on the forums but no joy - so apologies if this has already been answered.

In the UK the law has changed and all websites have to declare if they use cookies, to the best of my knowledge I don't.

Can anyone say for sure if iWeb uses cookies at all?
    I build the site in iWen and at this moment it is hosted by Apple (not for much longer I know).

I use a proper website address which points to the mobile me hosting - if you see what I mean, is that a cookie?

Any of those little HTML widgets that are part of iWeb - do they use cookies?

I have a site counter on the front page which only counts hits and doesn't detail unique ' hits' so I assume this isn't a cookie.

Is there any fool proof way of testing?

I'm only running a non commercial website but don't want to accidentally fall fowl of the law.

Any help much appreciated.

Kind regards
    Mark

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

A fool proof way to test would be to clear all cookies from your browser then go directly to your iWeb website and nowhere else. Then look back in cookies and see what is there.

I don't believe a bare (static) iWeb site would create any cookies, but some of those widgets might.

3. grahamdeepwell macrumors newbie

View your site in a browser, right-click, View page info. Select Security tab. You are storing cookies. How to stop it is the question.