iWeb and external web hosting?

offwidafairies

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 5, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
hi can you use iweb with an external web hosting company and domain other than iweb? i have a domain name and have made a website in iWeb but .Mac seems a little pricey in comparison to other hosts.

fivetoadsloth

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2006
Sure you can. Just export the site to a folder and upload said folder to your third party site via FTP or whatever.
Yes, This method works great, you get a file with all contents which you just upload to the company you are using via ftp. Works great.

Quboid

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2006
everywhere
I have a similar question. I bought a domain name and I got me some free hosting. How can I add that doman name to point to the URL of the free hosting site (I.E my hope page). I tried adding a subdomain from my control panel, but appearantly i am not given permission from the people i bought the name from.

homepage www.quboid.hyperphp.com

offwidafairies

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 5, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
I have a similar question. I bought a domain name and I got me some free hosting. How can I add that doman name to point to the URL of the free hosting site (I.E my hope page). I tried adding a subdomain from my control panel, but appearantly i am not given permission from the people i bought the name from.

homepage www.quboid.hyperphp.com
Hey Im just about to BUY some web hosting... you say you found some free space?? Tell me where :D