Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lordillingworth

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 8, 2007
Shropshire, UK
Hello, I use iWeb and garageband for my little hobby website and podcast series (http://www.invertedhourglass.com if you're interested!) I am not in any way an advanced computer user which is why iWeb (that normally gets groans when I mention to more knowledgeable people!) is the ideal web design tool for me, I have absolutely no knowledge whatsoever of html or any kind of code!

But I have a few problems with the podcast set up:

Firstly using MobileMe as the hosting it sometimes take a while for episodes to download (which I know isn't the end of the world) but I would be grateful if anybody could suggest any particular podcast hosting service that they have had positive results with and doesn't cost too much!

Then the episodes don't have their artwork attached to them after downloading! I don't know if this is due to garageband or iWeb and none of the help topics I have found have sorted me out.

Also there is still the problem of the files in the podcast feed in iWeb changing from mp3's to movie files which means that every time a new episode is uploaded you have to upload the original episodes again as well, I have tried changing the files in itunes as apple suggests but it hasn't worked, this is another reason as to why i would like separate podcast hosting.

I would also appreciate any links that anybody might have to plug-ins for iWeb that they have found useful, I am looking for something if possible to add a bit of motion to a website, like being able to put your own links in a banner that has moving parts like embedding adverts if you know what I mean.

Thanks to anybody who has even read this far down! and even more thanks to anybody who can help!

Also feel free to criticise my site harshly for being so basic!

dan.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.