iWeb and godaddy masking - website title is Blank!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jimthepisces, Jul 8, 2011.

1. jimthepisces macrumors newbie

When I search my website in google, it doesn't come up unless I type in the exact URL www.jimmyjenkinsmusic.com

When I do this it says Blank and under the URL it just says Text. I'm using iWeb, publishing my site to a public dropbox folder and forwarding/masking my domain (jimmyjenkinsmusic.com) to the dropbox public link.

I've searched high and low and can't figure out how to change Blank and Text. lines that appear in the google search results...

any ideas???

2. indubitably macrumors newbie

I don't have much experience with this but your meta tags seem correct. How long has it been doing this? Was this page just recently built or recently optimized for search? The only thing I can think of is that Google has not updated since your changes, I know that it can sometimes take over a week for these changes to show up. Also I would change the title to something like "Jimmy Jenkins Music". This may be why you have to include the "www." and ".com" when you search, plus I think it looks better.

Maybe this will help...
    My site has no meta tags (used for testing), this is what google shows for me:

Blank = uses title of my index page
    Text = it looks like it uses the first paragraph or the first block of text it finds

Good Luck