iweb and ie7

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mdhwoods, Aug 19, 2008.

1. mdhwoods macrumors regular

I have minimal to no web programming experience and thought iweb would be a great way for the kids to keep the rest of the family in touch with their going on's. It seems to work fine except for 1 annoying issue. In the blog section when someone uses ie and clicks on the blog, the picture that shows on the main page as a thumb nail just shows as a big gray square when looking at that blog entry. works fine on firefox. Any way to correct as most of the population uses ie.

Thanks

2. Giovannino macrumors member

Provide them with a link to download Safari (also available for Windows and free). They will be grateful for the rest of their days...

IE is referred to as the "WWB" (World's Worst Browser). The problem is an IE problem (one of the many...) and not an iWeb problem.

3. bootedbear macrumors 6502

bootedbear

I'll disagree with this. While calling IE the world's worst browser is an understatement at best, iWeb should be producing code that works on all major browsers. And IE, mind-bogglingly -- continues to be a major player.

Get your family and friends off IE, by all means though.

4. CoolMe macrumors member

You mac fans get my back up with comments like these.

Nothings perfect.

5. Giovannino macrumors member

Of course I have to agree with you...

6. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

Or you could get Firefox 3, another solid browser. Dump IE ASAP.

7. nexus144 macrumors member

Safari on Windows is a piece of crap. It's great on OSX but seriously stick to IE or Firefox on Windows. I used Windows for years before half switching to Mac, and IE is not as bad as the fanboys make it out to be.

8. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

I agree.

Safari isn't up to scratch on Windows.

IE7 is a very good browser in several ways.

9. mdhwoods thread starter macrumors regular

Well when i first replied to them i gave a link to firefox. I figured i would ask on here and see if there was any work around as i assumed it was a ie issue. I do have to agree though that an iweb site should work when viewed with any current browser.

thanks for the replies

Mike

10. scotty96LSC macrumors 65816

scotty96LSC

That has been my only complaint with iWeb -- the lack of correct code for IE. I think a lot of people use IE since they know no difference in browsers.
    On my sites I have a disclaimer that states best viewed with .... and I offer links.