iweb and internet explorer are doing my head in!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by virus187, Apr 23, 2009.

1. virus187 macrumors newbie

Hi All,

I have published my iweb created site via cyberduck FTP and it works great in firefox and safari but when i go to this on a PC (internet explorer) the layers are all messed up and the flash menu and banner hyperlinks become inactive.
    Also the yellow paypal image has been pushed behind the flash banner instead of appearing in front, who am i doing wrong

my website created in iweb

www.beats2buy.com

NOTE - I created hyperlinks over the flash menu and banner by adding a text box (which is transparent) over each circle button and the whole banner and added hyperlinks to them but for some reason internet explorer has pushed these text box layers behind the flash images so now the links dont work. Is it something to do with the z index layers??

PLEASE HELP!?...

Thank you in advance
    Virus187

2. windels macrumors regular

windels

whats that song I can listen to in the previews? sounds pretty good

3. Dunmail macrumors regular

Not looked at the site but the first thing I do in these instances is run the W3C validator over the page. Result:

Line 60, Column 240: end tag for "map" which is not finished
    …" /><map name="map2" id="map2"></map>

May or may not be related to what you are seeing.

As far as Z-index goes, I don't recall any IE misbehaviour in this area. Which version of IE?

4. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

i can't see the problem you described.

on a side note, looks like safari now is the only browser with no full page zooming in the release version..

PS. dont post same question everywhere.

Attached Files:

• 2.PNG
      2.PNG
      File size:
      57.7 KB
      Views:
  5. virus187 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi Clevin

If you look at the blue flash banner it is in front of the paypal image. i want the paypal image to appear in front of the banner in IE...its works ok in firefox and safari.

Also the other problem is in internet explorer the icon flash menu hyperlinks do not work. Try click on the exclusive beats icon or any others.....the links dont work as the transparent text box hyperlinks have been pushed behind the flash menu!

Hope this makes things clearer

Virus187

6. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

those buttons doesn't work in my firefox neither? and the paypal is behind the flash on my firefox as well.

as for paypal,, you might have to put it in a div and move it downward a bit.

Flash is hard to handle. for business purpose, maybe make it simpler.

iWeb generates strange website all the time, many cases unnecessarily. Its fine for a personal stuff, business wise, you might consider an alternative.

7. virus187 thread starter macrumors newbie

Def something to consider, i am used to using DW but i like the way iweb lays out my pages and keeps the imagines in proportion.

To be honest i web iweb will be ok to sell my beats as i will be using buy it now paypal buttons on the site for customers to pay. (this will be managed by e junkie) COOl!

I am going to take your advice and might try to make things simplier! the music will sell itself

8. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

absolutely.