iWeb and .Mac question.

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by NeoLink, Jun 16, 2007.

1. NeoLink macrumors member

NeoLink

1. Is it possible to make two seperate sites using iWeb?

2. If so, can I publish them using the same .Mac account?

2. yoda13 macrumors 65816

yoda13

I don't know how to make two seperate sites, but would love to know if its possible....as it stands now, I have created a seperate user account on my computer so i can work on two seperate sites with iWeb...

3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

You can create a new site from the File menu, and you can have them both on .Mac if you please. :)

4. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I have another user account for the second one as well. It doubles as a guest account. Or a tester if something is going wrong on my main account.

5. dswoodley macrumors 6502a

iweb stores all files for a site in a file named "domain.sites". Do a search for it. You can copy the file, and use the file to make a second website.

6. yoda13 macrumors 65816

yoda13

OK, I am an idiot...sorry guys, what I meant is can I make two sites in iWeb and post one site to one .Mac account and the other site to another .Mac account....sorry for the confusion...:eek:

7. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Well you could do it manually by publishing to a folder and dragging the respective sites into the iWeb folder on each .Mac account's iDisk. :)

8. yoda13 macrumors 65816

yoda13

Yeah, that is not a bad idea...I wish it was easier to do this...maybe we'll see this when iWeb is updated...:)

9. NeoLink thread starter macrumors member

NeoLink

I tried it, and it is quite possible to make two sites with iWeb and publish them in one .Mac account.

Once you make your first site all you have to do to make the second site is File > New Site > Make the site > Click publish > Click Visit > And there's your second site URL.

However, to publish the other site onto another .Mac account, as stated before, just publish to a folder.