iWeb and .mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by purelithium, Jun 25, 2008.

1. purelithium macrumors 6502

purelithium

ok, I have a .mac account, using iWeb 08, and I'm a little irritated by it right now.

Right now, iWeb keeps uploading my site to: http://www.mxpwr.com/mxpwr.com/home.html (the site is named mxpwr.com in iWeb)

Is there any way to force iWeb to publish the site to the root of mxpwr.com, not in a subdirectory? so that home.html would look like this:

http://www.mxpwr.com/home.html

???

P.S. I searched for about 20 minutes through all the forums and couldn't quite find an answer.

2. NAG macrumors 68030

NAG

From my experience, the way iWeb works it always puts a site in a directory and then uploads it to your web folder in your idisk (basically). So you just need to rename the site to something that isn't the .com in iWeb (change the site name, ie. the name next to the little globe in the iweb window to something like home).

3. purelithium thread starter macrumors 6502

purelithium

No, I understand that. I don't want it to make it in a subdirectory at all. I want my root to be mxpwr.com/whatever.html, not mxpwr.com/iwebsitename/whatever.html

Unfortunately I don't think this is possible... :(

Anyone have any ideas?

4. NAG macrumors 68030

NAG

I just told you that that is the way it works. You might be able set your domain name to point to that directory rather than just the base (you'll have to make the change with the domain name provider).

5. purelithium thread starter macrumors 6502

purelithium

I want it to work another way. I'm asking if anyone can help me. I'm not an idiot. I know how it works, I want to know if it can be changed. You are just telling me things I already know, and not helping by posting the obvious.

Thanks for the replies though.

Edit: I see you added more after your original post. I will try that, though I don't think my CNAME can be a directory, I think it needs to be a name.

Edit2: Just checked, CNAMEs can only be directed to a domain, not a directory, so that won't work.

6. NAG macrumors 68030

NAG

I left it out originally because you were acting like such a jerk but decided to be helpful to you regardless of your behavior.

In the future try being less of a jerk, seriously.

7. purelithium thread starter macrumors 6502

purelithium

Really? asking a question, stating my current situation and my goals, and not being lovey-dovey about it is being a jerk?

I don't think I was a "jerk" until the post before this one when you were treating me like a simpleton. I think you should check yourself.

8. NAG macrumors 68030

NAG

Treating you like a simpleton? You came here to ask a question and I gave an answer with an explanation. I'm sorry if getting exactly what you asked for (an answer) is somehow treating you poorly. Am I supposed to submit to your superior stature while I help you? Really, what do you want here?

9. purelithium thread starter macrumors 6502

purelithium

No, you did NOT answer my question, you merely stated what I said in my original post, in a different manner. You were of no help, I thanked you for your post, and asked for help from other people.

You then called me a jerk. I don't understand how I'm in the wrong, here.

10. NAG macrumors 68030

NAG

11. purelithium thread starter macrumors 6502

purelithium

You too.