iWeb and MobileMe

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by benhewitt, Mar 26, 2009.

1. benhewitt macrumors newbie

So I know this is a very dumb question, as I think of it as a very newb question myself. But I am slightly new to the Mac realm and was wondering if I needed a MM account to have a site with iWeb? Or if there was any way around that? And if not, what would be the next best thing for me to be able showcase my photography? I have a flickr page but its not really doing justice. I'm going for a more professional look so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all.

-bh

2. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

No there is no requirement to use a MobileMe account to host your website. As would be expected there are a few minor things that are built in to iWeb that can only be used with MobileMe hosting, but another web site host is fine.

It is a simple matter to set up a web hosting account with another company- some very popular hosts in threads over in the Web Development section here on MR are Host Gator and A Small Orange among others. The newest revision of iWeb (version 3.0 which is in the iLife 09 suite) has a built in abilty to transfer the necessary files to a web host like them or to MobileMe.

Using iWeb's abilities to automatically set up photo pages make it a simple matter to get you started, so don't hesitate to do it particularly because your photos deserve more than just generic display on Flickr!;)