iweb and the navbar

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by gotravelenglish, Feb 19, 2011.

1. gotravelenglish macrumors newbie

So, I created a website with iweb. The navbar just wasn't cutting it for me for many reasons, but the main reason was becuase it was working in Internet Explorer. I wanted to get rid of it, so I attempted to uncheck all the "include page in navigation menu" options, but it made my pages look crazy for some reason. Large weird looking text, distored images, etc.

So, my "solution" was to duplicate the navbar by creating a text box (background color white) and inserting the corresponding text and link to each one of my pages. I put this text box over the real navbar, thus hiding it. It works fine and great.

My question is, I've been reading about SEO and one article explained that you will be banned from search engines if you have hidden text on your website.

Did I make a big mistake? I need my website to found on google.

Thanks!

2. Alphakline macrumors regular

Alphakline

Uncheck the display navigation menu instead of the include page in navigation.
    Then you can freely place your textbox that is acting as your navigation menu where you want it. You may need to then adjust your page header or page height now that the built in nav is gone.

3. gotravelenglish thread starter macrumors newbie