iweb and video question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sir42, Jun 17, 2007.

1. sir42 macrumors 6502

I posted a quicktime movie of a slideshow that I made in iPhoto on my iWeb generated website. The slideshow lasts just 4 minutes, the length of one song, but the file is 126 MB at highest quality.

I posted the movie both as en embedded part of a page and as a file that can be downloaded from a link. In both cases, it takes forever to download and watch the movie.

The same movie exported at medium quality is 40 MB. While it's faster to download and watch the movie, it's itty bitty.

What's the best way to upload movies to my site so that visitors can watch them while sacrificing the least amount of quality, size and speed?

Is there a way to do post a flash video in iWeb, or perhaps another codec that would make more sense? Videos on youTube play instantly, although the quality isn't always great.

thanks!

2. sir42 thread starter macrumors 6502

As an example, the iPhone commercials on the Apple webpage start playing instantly, look great and when Large is selected are the perfect size.

Granted they are only 15 seconds so that may have something to do with it. Although I just pulled up a large movie trailer on iTunes and it looks great and started playing instantly.

3. sir42 thread starter macrumors 6502

Sorry to top this, but I could still use some advice if anyone has any ideas on the best way to post video to an iweb site.

thanks!