Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jusacruiser

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 15, 2009
Palm Beach, Florida
I am not sure which web host I should use.

I would like to set up a eCommerce website, which will be a content provider and have a shopping cart.

First, which web hosts are Mac Friendly? Can I use the iWeb in conjunction with the eCommerce site?

Please provide some pointers. Thanks! :confused:

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
iWeb is a poor product if you're looking at ecommerce. Take a look at rapidweaver for a web product. There's a bazillion web hosts, I'd look for one that offers the best products for your needs and less mac compatibility since you'll only be uploading your site and/or configuring it via a web browser.

jusacruiser

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 15, 2009
Palm Beach, Florida
iWeb is a poor product if you're looking at ecommerce. Take a look at rapidweaver for a web product. There's a bazillion web hosts, I'd look for one that offers the best products for your needs and less mac compatibility since you'll only be uploading your site and/or configuring it via a web browser.

Ok, thanks.

If I want to use rapidweaver and then upload my web pages to Shopify, can I do that? Or should I just use whatever web site builders that Shopify says I should use?

Last edited by a moderator:

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I'm not sure, rapidweaver as a very active forum check them out

jusacruiser

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 15, 2009
Palm Beach, Florida

Forum? Ok, I will look for it. Thanks!

Ok, I just visited Rapidweaver in the MacApp store.

I went through the reviews and just don't know what to think.

There were lots of one and two star reviews that were endlessly ragging on Rapidweaver. Plus there was a note saying that you also have to pay for the tutorials separately.

As far as the positive reviews......they were written so perfectly, that it made me think that the company planted them there.

Where could I go to get a non biased review from an editor?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.