iWeb article aimed at newbies.

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by MacBoobsPro, Sep 10, 2008.

1. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

I've written an article aimed at iWeb users. It doesn't go into every detail of iWeb but gives pointers on how to break away from the templates and get a unique look to your sites.

I get asked a lot of questions about using iWeb via my site so thought it best to write an article on it.

You can read it at www.stuartluff.co.uk hopefully it will help a lot of the noobs around here.

Leave comments here or on my site. Feedback is always welcome.

Cheers. :)

2. SrWebDeveloper macrumors 68000

SrWebDeveloper

Thank you kindly for the helpful link and I applaud your good intentions.

Just, um, one thing, did you intend to use the word "noob" as a means to describe newbies, i.e. new users who are simply inexperienced? If so, that's cool, but please note the definition below and note the zero's used in the spelling of the actual word. :cool:

So we all know why I'm replying --- from the Urban dictionary:

And here is the definition of "newbie", which also mentions n00b:

Ouch!

In the context of a public help forum intended to be friendly to new users, calling folks "noobs" in context to its true meaning might, um, offend some folks. Hope all of you find the humor in this! I am not the grammar or word Nazi, and I will give benefit to the doubt that MacboobsPro meant "newbie" after all since he didn't spell it as n00b and I'm a glass is half full guy.

-jim

3. MacBoobsPro thread starter macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Bugger!

I did indeed mean newb. I guess you learn something new everyday.

I shall now change the title.

What made you read this anyway? I know you are not a noob/n00b/newb/newbie when it comes to web stuff. You've helped me out before. :)

Cheers.

4. SrWebDeveloper macrumors 68000

SrWebDeveloper

I love reading all the topics, I learn something new every day as after all, at one point or another we're all newbies. I'm having a rare slow day at work (can you tell, heh).

I honestly know you meant well. Nice article and I'm sure it'll help folks out there, all kidding aside. Cheers back at ya.

;)

-jim

5. ChicoWeb macrumors 65816

ChicoWeb

6. Chef55 macrumors member

You might need to wait a bit longer ;) I waited and started to read the article....brilliant, well explained and I can't wait to put it into practice when my new imac arrives as I'm desperate to upgrade my website to make it look more professional, one of my reasons for choosing the imac.

7. MacBoobsPro thread starter macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Hmm...? I know the MobileMe servers were playing up earlier today as I had trouble uploading and kept getting a message saying the servers were busy. But it seemed to have cleared and seems to work fine with me.

I know Explorer has loads of problems displaying sites made with iWeb especially mine. Are you using IE by any chance?