iWeb Backup - anything else needed?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by HelixOmnimedia, May 19, 2007.

1. HelixOmnimedia macrumors 6502a

HelixOmnimedia

Hello,

I have finished university, :D WOOHOO :D , and I want to give my laptop a clean install.
    I know how to back everything else up, ie internet settings, files, itunes music and videos..ect..ect

But have realised that I have my production groups website on this computer, it was created in iWeb.

From what I've read, everything that will allow me to edit the site after the clean install in is a filed called: Domain.sites, which is stored in: Home/Library/Application Support/iWeb folder. RIGHT?

So do I need to back other stuff up, like the font files I've downloaded, or a couple of the main pictures of the site?

Also, after the clean install, do I just put the Domain.sites back into the new iWeb folder which has been created. Then when i open iWeb, the site should be there to edit? RIGHT?

Just want to check before I do anything, as i've spent months designing the site, and don't want to do it again.

THANKS.

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

You'll need to back up the new fonts separately or re-download them. As for iWeb, all you need is that Domain site file. Dragging it to the equivalent location on the new install should suffice for restoring it. Otherwise, just double click it to open it. The pictures are all stored within this file/database.

Also, congratulations for finishing uni! :D

3. MagicUK macrumors regular

MagicUK

One tool that you might find useful is CyberDuck (http://cyberduck.ch/).

This has a handy Syncronization feature that allows you to keep the local copy of your site syncronized with the remote copy.

You may wish to sync first and then after the rebuild you could just pull the content back down.