iweb blogging

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by williamwoolf, Jun 16, 2010.

1. williamwoolf macrumors newbie

Hi, I've been looking in to setting up a blog in iweb & there seems to be problems with all the solutions/widgets I've come across, in terms of various browser issues & security.

What I want to do is to set up a system so that comments are emailed to me for approval prior to posting - the reason for this is that a number of people have said they've had to disable PHP due to the quantity of incoming spam without such a system in place.

Any ideas?

Many thanks,

William

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Use Wordpress. That kind of thing is built-in.

3. Jason Beck macrumors 68000

Jason Beck

I agree. Iweb was waaaayyyy too limited. Rapidweaver too. Tried em both for months. Then I looked on my hosting provider's control panel when I logged in and found out there was a bunch of software packages I could install through softlicious and a bunch of other built in software. Most hosting services have them built in. All I had to do was click install on the Wordpress one and I was up and running and choosing a theme in like under an hour.

OP Wordpress lets you customize everything too, and there are a lot of plugins.

Mucho better than the other guys.