iWeb Blogs vs. Wordpress Blogs

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by DoNoHarm, May 14, 2009.

1. DoNoHarm macrumors 65816

DoNoHarm

I've been using Wordpress to blog but I'm liking the idea of having the ability to edit my blog offline, so I'm thinking o going with iLife/iWeb. Is there anyone who has used Wordpress and iWeb to blog? What are the advantages of each and which would you reccomend?

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

I'd stick with WordPress. iWeb can get buggy and doesn't have anywhere near as many features. As far as offline blogging, you may want to check this out.

3. LtRammstein macrumors 6502a

LtRammstein

Both have their advantages and disadvantages.

If you want something that just works, use iWeb. If you want to customize more and what not, WordPress.

4. DoNoHarm thread starter macrumors 65816

DoNoHarm

WOW! that is an awesome list that is exactly what I was looking for. Do you use any of those? Which would you recommend for a Mac?

5. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Nope, I don't really blog, but have seen these types of apps mentioned before so I did some quick searching to see if I could find anything and that link came up.

6. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

I just run a version of my blog locally (wordpress). Then when I feel like/get a chance to put the post online, I just copy the html to the online version.

7. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

iWeb is laughable compared to Wordpress. It's not like Wordpress has some highly complex backend either, "it just works" as Mac people like to say.

8. DoNoHarm thread starter macrumors 65816

DoNoHarm

what program do you use to run the version of your wordpress blog locally? Would you recommend it?

9. dantherevelator macrumors regular

Check out MarsEdit. Great feature set, and much simpler than trying to manage a local install.

10. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

MAMP "hosts" the database. It is free and very easy to set up. To get to the WP admin screen you usually just enter something like "http://localhost:8888" in your favorite web browser.

11. freudling macrumors regular