iWeb built website on .mac extremely slow

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Anghammarad, Dec 13, 2007.

1. Anghammarad macrumors member

Built a basic website with some galleries in iWeb 08 using standard templates and uploaded it to .mac. To watch the pages in a browser is so slow it is practically unusable. It takes a minute to load a gallery page with 25 pictures. I've tried Safari 3 and Opera 9.24 on Mac and Opera 9.24 and IE7 on PC and there is really no difference in performance. I have a very fast line so thats not the problem.

Is this normal performance from an iWeb built site or is it the iWeb templates thats the culprit?

2. sananda macrumors 68020

if you're in europe the download speeds are slow. there are a lot of people complaining about this. have a look at the discussion forum for .mac on the apple website. apparently some changes were made last month which may have improved the situation.

3. Anghammarad thread starter macrumors member

Yes I noticed that many here in Europe seem to get slow download. The problem for me is that while many seem to get 70-80 kB/s I am stuck in single digit land with download speeds of around 4-5 kb/s.

4. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Im in the UK. My site downloads pretty sharpish (not great though) for me at home but a few of mates keep saying its barely loads at all. And even drop to about 0.1kbps. They all use PCs and a mix of Vista and XP, could that be the issue?

Actually thinking about it my site also loads very slow on my iPhone when using my home wifi connection. Weird!

5. sananda macrumors 68020

don't know why it would be as slow as that.

6. Anghammarad thread starter macrumors member

Uploaded the exact same website to my other provider and it was many times quicker. I have now canceled my .mac account.