iWeb: Can I Extract Code to Use in My DreamHost Site?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by HappyDude20, Oct 9, 2011.

1. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

Hello!

So I recently purchased a domain and it's just been sitting there. I have no knowledge of creating a website and researched a bit the potential of WordPress and SquareSpace.

WordPress seemed that a site would come out too basic looking for me, considering my sparse knowledge of it all. As for SquareSpace, I absolutely loved it, just not a fan of the monthly prices.

All I'm attempting to accomplish is have a simple site with my photos, blogs, etc...for family and friends to see, considering this year I've been hoping around the planet from China, Tokyo, Canada, New York and now at University.

I would imagine I'd somehow be able to utilize iWeb. I'm thinking i'd be able to create a page(s) with iWeb and then extract the code and paste it (somewhere?) in my DreamHost Account Panel.....

I'm new to all this, and urge you to please excuse my bare-bone-layman terms, but it's something I'd really like to accomplish.

:D

2. jganno macrumors newbie

Ftp :)

You don't have to extract any code at all. Thats why FTP exists. Go to your DreamHost control panel and find the FTP info and put it into iWeb. To put it into iWeb: In iWeb, Click the tab that says the name of your site. There is a drop menu there that should be set to MobileMe by default. Click it and select FTP. Just input the FTP info, build your site on iWeb, then Publish it. It seems complicated. Its really not... If you have a problem message me.

3. HappyDude20 thread starter macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

Interestingly, I attempted to create a user under my DreamHost panel and it told me it wouldn't let me until I added a hosting plan. These run at $10 a month w/ a $50 set up; something i'm not down for. Oh well, I feel a bit bummed about that.