iWeb: can it do forums, Paypal etc?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Soundhound, Jan 14, 2011.

1. Soundhound macrumors 6502a

I've built a few sites with iWeb, and now want to do one for a band. There's a service you can use for building the site that has (supposedly) simple ways to do things like forums, and selling music online using paypal. There is a charge to use their web builder and hosting etc of course, and I already have that covered with mobile me.

Cah I accomplish these things in iWeb? Have forums on a site, and set it up so we can sell music on the site using paypal?

thanks.

2. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

No, you cannot host forums on MobileMe (there's no PHP support, so the software can't run). You could link to an external site for the forum part, there are free forum hosts out there, but it won't be hosted on MobileMe.

As for PayPal, that's easy enough to achieve, but if you're actually distributing the songs off the website, you're going to run into bandwidth issues if they actually become popular.

All in all, I wouldn't really recommend using iWeb and MobileMe for that particular purpose, not when better solutions exist.

jW