iWeb Can't Add Albums

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jjk454ss, Mar 15, 2011.

1. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

I have a web page that I created with iWeb. I used to just drag an Event or whatever from iPhoto to iWeb to create another Album. Now when I try to drag photos it has the little green "+" like it is going to add it, but it won't add a new album. Any reason iWeb would not accept a new album or pictures?

2. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

Not sure. It's just worked for me. Try trashing the iWeb Preference file, found here: Home Folder>Library>Preferences>com.apple.iWeb.plist

3. jjk454ss thread starter macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Its been this way since my old MacBook. I transferred the domain file to my new MacBook and I get the same thing. I'll try to delete the pref file, but this is a new machine. Thanks for the help.

4. jjk454ss thread starter macrumors 601

jjk454ss

OK, I figured out a way I can add photos to iWeb. I have to create an album in iPhoto first, put the pics in the album, then add the album to iWeb. Maybe its the way I created the website, but that is the only way I can get it to work. Its kind of a pain since I don't want the photos in my iPhoto library, so I have to delete them when I'm done. But at least it works.

On the subject of photos, I use iWeb and upload to GoDaddy for hosting. I would like to have my pictures separate from the site in iWeb, they are making my domain file huge. What is a good way to host the files somewhere separate from the main site, then I can just link to them off the main page? And I don't need to keep then on my computer all the time either. I was thinking of just flickr or something, but I really don't know the best way.

5. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

That's what I was doing. What were you trying to do?

6. jjk454ss thread starter macrumors 601

jjk454ss

I was trying to drag them from a folder off my desktop. But I had tried an event from iPhoto and that didn't work either. I would really like to just copy them off my memory card and place them right into the folder in iWeb, and skip iPhoto completely.