iWeb crashed 4 times today

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by chiefroastbeef, Aug 14, 2008.

1. chiefroastbeef macrumors 6502a

Hey guys,

I've been using iweb to build my website, www.chinahandsunited.org .
    It worked without any sign of crashing the first three weeks. But today, I think Casper the friendly ghost got into my iweb and started crashing the program, grand total of four times in a day, new world record. I'd hit a button, bitch ball comes up, and iweb freezes and disappears. Then I get that "iweb encountered error" message.

The only thing I did different from the past weeks was that I put the Google Analytic code into the pages last night before I went to bed. The only other thing I did was put more pictures/designs into the pages.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

chief

2. Giovannino macrumors member

• Be sure to have the latest version of iWeb updating your software with Software Updater in the menu bar click on the Apple logo and choose “Software Update...”

• Try deleting the preferences file:

1. Quit iWeb
    2. Delete the following file:
    User/Library/Preferences/com.apple.iweb.plist
    3. Relaunch iWeb
    If that doesn’t work... Retry it but instead of relaunching iWeb in 3. restart the computer and relaunch iWeb

• Try repairing disk permissions:

1. Go to Applications/Utilities
    2. Open Disk Utility
    3. Click Macintosh HD
    4. Click on Verify Disk Permissions
    5. Click Repair Disk Permissions.

If that doesn't help then there may be a problem with an image you added. In this case you should try to find out which one... Which I think may not be so easy...

3. chiefroastbeef thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks a lot Giovannino!

I'll give all of those things a try, and report back.

Take care