iWeb Domain File No Longer Opens

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Logic-Minded, Mar 25, 2008.

1. Logic-Minded macrumors newbie

The Domain file on our iWeb program will not come up. First, we receive a message that states the file will not open then, when we click to continue, it displays a message stating: Can’t open file “~/Library/Application Support/iWeb/Domain.sites.” iWeb will open momentarily, then crashes. I moved the Domain file to another Mac, and the results are the same. I've tried creating a new Domain file and copying the contents (using Show Package Contents), but no luck. We've tried restoring some of the plists, but no luck. We have our company's site in this Domain and cannot access or retrieve our data - HELP! Any suggestions/ideas/incantations would be greatly appreciated!

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Sounds like it may be a permission problem. I suggest repairing permissions, and verifying the drive (in case the file is corrupted). Beyond that, I don't know what else you could do aside from creating a new Domain File (then keeping a backup of it somewhere).

TEG

3. Logic-Minded thread starter macrumors newbie

Teg -

Thanks for the reply. Permissions check out OK, and the disk is fine. We did create a new Domain, but the program still won't open (we even reinstalled iWeb). I can replicate the Domain malfunction on another Mac, but iWeb behaves fine once I place it back to the original Domain file. We've even run a virus check (just in case). I appreciate your help - we'll keep plugging away 'cause, if not, we're going to have to re-do all our sites (ugh!)