Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thesaw15

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 29, 2009
My hard drive recently crashed as well as my external, but luckily they were able to recover the files on my external hard drive(not in tine machine format)

I found my domain file and when I click on it,I can get my old website to load but when I make changes I get the following message when I try to save it: You don’t have permission to make changes to that file.

I have set all the permissions to Read & Write for all the users but it still will not work. Also I have tried deleting the preference file Home Folder/Library/Preferences/com.apple.iWeb.plist for all users, but I still get the same message. Along with that, I have tried to repair disk permissions in the disk utility, but that has not worked either. Also, I have tried moving the domain file to my desktop and switching the permissions, but it still did not let me save.

Does anyone have any idea how I can get this to work?

Thanks for your help.

All appreciated,

Bryan

thesaw15

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 29, 2009
I appreciate the response. I already copied the file on the desk top and manually changed the permission settings, but still no luck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.