iWeb, Fetch, HTML Editor, Pages

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tommoran, Feb 19, 2008.

1. tommoran macrumors member

Some questions regarding iWeb site authorship and posting of a Very Simple Web Page (no pics, no scripting, no nothing except some text and ads)…

1. Can I author a VSWP in iWeb and upload it to my GoDaddy site instead of my .Mac account (using iWeb to upload)?

2. Can I author such a VSWP in iWeb and save as HTML to a file on my desktop and FTP to my GoDaddy account?

3. What is the current FTP favorite? Is there a recommended FTP client included in Leopard? I downloaded good ‘ol “Fetch,” but apparently now you gotta pay for it. Is there a free FTP favorite? Is Fetch worth buying?

4. Assuming I cannot use iWeb to author and upload a VSWP, what is a recommended simple and free HTML web editor for Mac? Can I do a "save as" in Pages and save as an HTML document like in Word?

Many thanks for entertaining my questions.

:apple:

2. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

1. No, you can author the page, but it won't upload directly to anywhere but .Mac. Not a problem, however - see below.

2. Yes. iWeb has a 'publish to folder' option than you can then upload via FTP

3. Cyberduck is probably the best of the free FTP clients out there.

4. If you want iWeb's level of WYSIWYG, the only real competition is RapidWeaver or Sandvox - they're both rather superior to iWeb, but neither are free. If you just want a simple page, stick with what you have :)