iWeb, Forever to upload?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by illegalprelude, Sep 16, 2007.

1. illegalprelude macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

I just finally went from iLife 05 to 08 (been a .Mac user the whole time) and I finally am using iWeb.

Does it seem to take forever to update? Even if its a small update to your site?

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Do you otherwise have a good upload speed to your iDisk? My uploads take a while to both iDisk and from iWeb (to iDisk).

3. illegalprelude thread starter macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

yea, my over all uploads are fine I think...but no, like you said, my iDisk takes forever and a half to put files into it too.

For example, I only have 4 pages so far on iWeb. I made some minor text changes and then changed some of the photo album options.

I wanna say this easily took over an hour to do this update.

Everytime I wanna update to iDisk or iWeb, I make sure that im leaving out or gonna be away from my computer for a while cause I know other wise, its gonna drive me nuts to sit there and look at it creep up.

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Woah, that's not right. Does it take as long if you publish your site to a folder and then manually place it in your iDisk's iWeb folder? :)