Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kgrass

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 28, 2008
When I publish my website to a folder using iWeb '08 some of the text formatting gets changes - e.g. different colors, italicized when it shouldn't be and font size changes.

I've tried going back and selectively reformatting the offending text - no luck.
I've also tried completely deleting the text and the text box and redoing it - same issues occur.

Any suggestions are greatly welcome!

kgrass

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 28, 2008
iWeb Formatting Errors

An update to the problem. A workaround can be had by adding another page, selecting all the content on the offending page and copying it into the new page and deleting the old one. However, the new page cannot re-use the original page name - if the name is re-used the same formatting errors occur. Does this additional information help solve the issue?

kgrass

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 28, 2008
Still looking for an answer

After 4 months, nearly 5, I still can't find a way to fix the original problem and retain the original page title. Similar to my last post, the formatting will appear correctly if I rename the page. However, when I rename it back to the original the prior formatting errors occur.

Does anyone have an idea how I can get the formatting to be published correctly without having to rename my pages?

Thanks,

kgrass

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 28, 2008
Apple's answer

Got an answer today from Apple. Here it is:
Delete the Cache folder from the Library in Home.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.