iWeb & FTP

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by Grasbak, Apr 8, 2007.

1. Grasbak macrumors 6502

I have used iWeb to make a simple webpage. I do not have a .mac account so am using cyberduck to FTP. Do I have to upload all my files each time I make a change to the site?

I searched the forums for answers and seemed like there was iWebflinger or something that meant you could just upload changed files but people seemed to say it was very buggy.

Thanks

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

I do exactly the same thing, and yes, I upload the entire site every time.

3. elppa macrumors 68040

elppa

Use the synchronise feature of transmit with the following settings.

Direction:
    Upload

Method:
    Mirror

That should speed it up.

Also when you specify a bookmark to your FTP server, be sure to set the local path to the folder containing your iWeb site, so you don't have to navigate to it each time.

4. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I just upload those folders that I've changed, if I change the news page that folder gets uploaded, if I don't change it I don't upload it.

I'm waiting for Transmit 4 which according to my inside source (I asked them) will have proper iWeb support.

5. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

What is proper iWeb support? You publish to a folder and Sync or upload, I don't see what else is needed on Transmits part.

6. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Working out which files have actually changed since last time as iWeb replaces ALL the files each time ;).

7. Grasbak thread starter macrumors 6502

Sorry for late reply - bit busy over the holiday weekend. Will check out transmit - anything would be useful as my site gets bigger!

8. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

All you have to do is use the funciton "mirror" in Transmit and it only moves the changed files