iWeb FTPing

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by appleguy, Apr 17, 2010.

1. appleguy macrumors 6502

appleguy

I have created a site and I want to upload it to an FTP site.
    that works fine. expect iWeb wants to create a folder and put everything in that folder. again that is fine. but when I go to this domain it puts the domain up and then the name of the folder after it.
    any ideas how I can get it so it just puts it lose in the home directory without creating the folder?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3GS: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

You can export the website to your hard drive and manually FTP the site from there

short of that you have little control how iWeb uploads your website

3. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

iWeb creates a folder on your hard drive containing your website along with an html file called(for me) index. Double clicking on that index file opens the website. That index file also needs to be uploaded.

Alternatively, inside the folder is also a copy of the same index file. When you upload your site, open that folder and upload all the files inside it, rather than the folder.

Either way, the index file is then viewable, if that's the right term, when you navigate to the site.