iWeb gif to jpeg problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by chameleon81, Apr 10, 2008.

1. chameleon81 macrumors 6502

Hi,

I m trying to build a simple site by using iweb. Here is my problem. I have transperent gif ( or png) files. If i upload the pictures iweb converts them to jpeg which means no transparancy .

Can anyone help me with that?

2. chameleon81 thread starter macrumors 6502

3. PeggyD macrumors 6502a

Sorry, I don't have a solution because I don't have a problem with transparent .png files staying that way. There are 2 on this page.

4. chameleon81 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for your reply. I checked your site . I have one question. Does your pictures have a background? I mean, if the pictures' and backgrounds' width and height are the same?

5. PeggyD macrumors 6502a

Which pictures? The two .png clip art have transparent backgrounds (set in Graphic Converter). The two pictures are just that, pictures from the iPhoto library. All were just drag & drop into the image placeholders.

6. chameleon81 thread starter macrumors 6502

I meant the ones on the photo gallery. I think I see the difference btw our cases. In my case for example image's width is 200 but the object in the image has a width of 180 ... If I put it on iweb it fills that 20 pixels with white background color.

Another question if you dont mind. If you put your png pictures on the photo album. Are they still png or did iWeb convert them into jpegs?

7. mhbbabu macrumors newbie

jpeg threshold problem

hi,

i do not understand what is jpeg threshold value= 0.5 (in jpeg DCT transform).
    how calculate threshold value in jpeg .please anyone tell me ???