iweb, godaddy and search engine visibility

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by kartheek.s, Jul 2, 2009.

1. kartheek.s macrumors newbie

Hi

I have created a website using iweb and have uploaded it on godaddy.com

I am trying to use their feature called search engine visibility for the website to be seen on google, etc.
    1. would updating the website with metatags generated by the feature on godaddy by attaching it in a html snippet in iweb help?

2. There is also a file, called the sitemap.xml that the feature creates. Where do i place the sitemap.xml file? Do i upload it in the root folder on the server?

Thanks,

Kartheek.

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

3. hepzibah99 macrumors newbie

iweb, godaddy and search engine visibility

Hi

I too am trying to use Godaddy's search engine visibility feature for my iWeb website. I am even more clueless than the original poster on this thread.

My questions:
    1. HOW do I upload the site map that GoDaddy provides into the root folder on the server? Can anyone walk me through the process?

1. I also would like to know if anyone knows how to get the metatags generated by the feature on godaddy into the site's HTML coding, since iWeb doesn't show you the HTLM.

Thanks!

4. GoDaddyGuy macrumors newbie

GoDaddyGuy

hepzibah99,

We have an article in the GoDaddy.com Community that explains how to use the File Manager tool to upload files to your hosting account. You can find that article here - http://x.co/Lx3G

I would normally recommend that you use an FTP client to upload data to your account as it is much more versatile than the File Manager, but if you only need to manage a single file, the File Manager is totally suitable.

If you do ever need to connect with an FTP client, start by reading this article - http://x.co/Lx3Q

Best of luck to you,

^Alon