iWeb help needed.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tardman91, Sep 27, 2010.

1. tardman91 macrumors 6502a

tardman91

I have created a website in iWeb '09 and it is all fine and dandy and up and running. I have had a colleague of mine send me his iWeb created website that he published to a folder. I have the folder on my desktop. I want to have his name (on my website) turned into a hyperlink (i know how to do this) and when I click on it, I want it to take me to his website. How do I do that???
    My site = good. Up and running.
    His site = published to a folder on my desktop
    How do I link to his site from my webpage to his site published to a folder?
    Thanks.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

If I'm to understand your request, you can't do what you're asking.

You cannot hyperlink to a site that is sitting on your computer. You will need to upload any and all documents/files to your web host, and then create a hyperlink to those documents there on the web host.

3. tardman91 thread starter macrumors 6502a

tardman91

I understand that I would have to host it. So I would first have to upload the site, so that it has a real URL, and then create the hyperlink to link to that URL?
    I was wondering if there was a way to kind of make his site a part of mine (like import it to my iWeb project or something), so when I export my site to a folder, I can just upload it all at once.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

No, you cannot "import" the site into iWeb, there's really no ability in iWeb to do this. Your best bet is to upload it to your webhost and manually link (create a hyperlink) to it within your iweb site.

5. tardman91 thread starter macrumors 6502a

tardman91

Thanks for your help. I thought maybe iWeb would have made it a little easier than that.

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

iWeb is a great tool but its quite limited in functionality and ability.