iweb, html documents and graduation project

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by geekyx, Jul 28, 2010.

1. geekyx macrumors newbie

Hey all,
    I'm new to this website and hope some of you can help me out.
    I am creating a website for my graduation project and before starting with this project I had little experience in creating websites. However, I have been exploring and trying things out and I almost succeeded. Still, there is one more difficulty that I have to overcome..

I read a lot about how you can put html codes into iweb. However, for my project a computer simulation was created by somebody from the university, resulting in a html doc.
    My question is: how can you take this html document and let it appear in iweb?
    Do you have to convert it into some kind of code? Or is it not possible at all and I need a different program for this purpose? I just downloaded iwebmore but I have yet to get this program started.

Would appreciate some help!

2. Alphakline macrumors regular

Alphakline

You could try placing the HTML file and support files on your hosting server/dropbox/mobileme and use an iframe using a HTML Snippet in iWeb.

For example like this one:

<iframe height=700px allowTransparency=true frameborder=10 scrolling=yes style=width:800px;border:none src=http://filelocation/name.htm/></iframe>

Change what is in red to your own.

3. geekyx thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, I'll give it a try!

How can I see what px the simulation consists of (the first red part)?:eek:

4. Alphakline macrumors regular

Alphakline

Either by asking the people who made it or by looking into the html file code for width and height.

If you still can't find it then troubleshoot and try different numbers combinations.

5. geekyx thread starter macrumors newbie

Oke!
    Do you have a similar solution for when the website is not created in iweb but by some other means?

Edit: it worked out in iWeb :)

6. geekyx thread starter macrumors newbie

Also, iweb rescales the pictures in the html code automatically. How can I stop this? This is not in the original html document and only happens in iWeb. Is there a counter code that I can use to prevent the scaling from happening or another option in iWeb to enter the original sizes instead of automatically resizing?

I hope you get what I want to say. Not every good at computer 'slang' yet:p