iWeb .html (Reward for Answer!!!)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by theqwertyblog, Aug 4, 2009.

1. theqwertyblog macrumors member

I uploaded a website to an FTP server created in iWeb. I used a 3rd party app to actually upload because of the screwed up sub directories that iWeb adds.

Why is it though that when I go to my site it adds on name_of_site.html after the domain? Is that how all HTML sites work? How do I get rid of this?

Thanks! If you actually answer my question, just ask, and you shall receive the reward.

2. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

My guess is you haven't renamed the first page of the site usually called index.html so the browser knows to load it first. With iWeb you dont need to call it index.html as iWeb dictates which loads first due to its position in the left hand column in iweb. Which ever is top loads first. Is your top page called 'name_of_site' ?

Change it index.html and it will act a bit more like a real site.

3. theqwertyblog thread starter macrumors member

4. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

iWeb actually creates that index.html on its own, and the contents of that file redirect to the user-created home page. It's simply how iWeb was designed. You can check out this mini-tutorial for a possible solution.