iWeb Hyperlinks Don't Hyperlink

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Tallest Skil, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Okay, so I'm setting up my website and it's quite a bit like the Apple site. I set up links to my other pages from each page, but when I check "activate hyperlinks" and then click one, I always go back to the main page (The Psywave Corporation). What am I doing wrong, if anything, formatting-wise? How can I fix this?

Thanks.

Sorry, here's an image of my setup.

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

The default, I believe, is to link to the home see pic

Picture 1.png Picture 2.png

Change the page you want it linked to.

3. Tallest Skil thread starter macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

I did. I did for each page on each link to its respective page. It always takes me home.

4. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Have you tried publishing it to check?

You could always use the option External page and type the url in there by yourself.

5. Tallest Skil thread starter macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

...no... I don't exactly have .Mac. It's just for our Entrepreneurship class, but I wanted it to flaunt Apple-designed style like nobody's business. I'd just like the hyperlinks to work even within iWeb so that I could present it.

There aren't any free hosting services, are there? :eek::p

6. Pees330 macrumors 6502

You could always just publish to a folder and fire it up from there to check it out. The option is under the File drop down menu.

7. Tallest Skil thread starter macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Cool... Okay, tried it; didn't work. And it cuts off the title on my home page! It moves it over and blocks some of the words!

Tanj in torment.

8. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

I didn't think links worked inside iWeb

What I was sort of hinting at before. Just publish to a folder say the Desktop and it will put an index.html file and a folder. Just double click the index.html file and your website will popup in your favourite browser (much snappier than on the actual internet)

9. Tallest Skil thread starter macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Okay, I started the timer on my .Mac to try to publish to see what would happen.

It still won't link past my first page and my title is still unformatted.

What should I do?! Here's my page.

As you can see, it looks like the Apple site. Click on C. and it takes you to the first page, but no further. When you click any of the other tabs it takes you home. I've set each tab on each page to go to its respective page. It doesn't work. What do I do?

Thanks.

10. DatanBasen macrumors newbie

Me Too

I'm having the exact same problem!

The links I made at the top of my layout work, the ones at the bottom do not. They ALL take me to the home page.

Twitchy program. Can anyone tell me how twitchy iWeb pages are on various browsers--am I headed for a nightmare???

Datan