iWeb + IE

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by erinc, May 15, 2008.

1. erinc macrumors newbie

Hello,

I just finished creating my first website using iWeb. I'm doing this for a relatively new nonprofit, so iWeb seemed like the right tool for the right price. Anyhow, it looks great on my Mac on FireFox and Safari. But . . . for IE users on a PC, there is some funkiness with the graphics. I've read that this is an ongoing issue. The "Genius Bar" employee at the Apple store told me to buy the iLife upgrade and that that "might" fix the problem, but no guarantees.

So, would one of you mind checking out my little site and telling me how it looks for you? I've only posted this temporarily, as we're not ready to go public with it yet. Also, the images are lo-resolution placeholders right now.

Any and all advice appreciated!

Here 'tis: www.komakcares.org

Thank you!:confused::)

2. mrpalmer420 macrumors regular

mrpalmer420

It worked fine on My computer using IE.

If this is spam then good job you will have a ton of people visiting your site today.

3. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09

Can you describe the problems?

I just had a look, and things look virtually identical to me. I'm running Firefox 2 and IE 7 on a Windows XP SP3, if that helps.

The only thing out of place that I saw is that all of your images still have the iStockphoto watermark, but I assume that will be fixed when you move into production.

4. mogzieee macrumors 6502a

In Windows xp SP2, using Internet Explorer SIX... it looks fine!

And trust me when I say that... all websites i make in CSS look totally messed up in IE compared to Firefox and Safari and Opera, so good on you!

5. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

Im looking at it using a dell desktop at work with IE7,and all looks fine to me,noticed some watermarks but thats already been mentioned

6. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

The site looked nice and clean to me on my friends laptop using IE and FF. Obviously once your just about ready the photos will look better (one or two seemed low res quality as you mentioned) but work well for now.
    I really like the color choices, layout and warm personal feel as it brings a feeling of calmness in a less comforting situation for family and friends.
    Nice work so far, please post back once you are finished.

I think I missed the spam insinuation part since the site is based upon cancer patients and care for them :confused: Never seen spam like that before.

7. mrpalmer420 macrumors regular

mrpalmer420

I was just joking. But i forget that my brand of humor doesn't always translat well on forums. Sorry if anyone found this distasteful.

8. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

I wasn't sure if it was just being facetious (frivolous, tongue-in-cheek before the morning coffee) but after an extra 15 minuets I see you were, my fault and no harm meant ;) :)

9. erinc thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank You!

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for looking at this and giving me such encouraging feedback. Oddly, when I looked at my Index.html file on IE, all the images were whacky, with pixelated, gray boxes around them. Even the nav bar was distorted. After I posted the files to the site w/ Fetch, things improved. The only thing that seems odd to me now is that when I check it out on IE (on a PC), the images, nav bar, etc. are jagged. But, after 3 seconds, everything straightens out. But, if none of you are seeing that, then great!

I will need to replace all the iStock lo-rez images with the finals, once this is live.

And, the Spam comment didn't offend me; I understand that there are those who would try that tactic. I just needed a group of people in the know to confirm that my green attempt at this worked. So, thanks! And, I'll send another e-mail when this goes live. We've had a super positive reaction to our nonprofit, as it's filling a niche that's not being addressed by anyone out there today.

erin :)

10. ert3 macrumors 6502a

ert3

The only time i have ever seen problems is with IE 5 reading my pages and even then who the hell uses IE 5 anyway

11. erinc thread starter macrumors newbie

Following up

Hello,

Last month, I put the call out for some iWeb help. Thanks to everyone who responded. As requested, I'm here to let you know, my site's live and ready for prime time.

But, something strange happened. I sent the link to a few people and when one clicked on it, it took her to this forum! Why in the world would that happen???

www.komakcares.org

Confused :confused: