iWeb = iMpossible?

the Western zoo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 16, 2006
Aarhus C, Denmark
Hi,

I have just spend the last couple of hours fiddling with iWeb but I have come to the conclussion that it is very very stiff and rigid with very little possibility to change which font or color to be used in a template... Am I wrong?
I want to make a blog but don't want to "write it" in html my self - is there some other program with better possibilities you could recommend?

carlos700

macrumors 6502
Dec 17, 2004
Omaha, NE
In my iWeb site, I've completely changed the theme, font, colors, and design elemenets. I just used the basic white template and removed all the items, and started from scratch.

hyperpasta

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2005
New Jersey
carlos700 said:
In my iWeb site, I've completely changed the theme, font, colors, and design elemenets. I just used the basic white template and removed all the items, and started from scratch.
Hi. I have the same problem as the OP. I can take out elements and rearrange them with ease, but every time I make a new page (even a blog post), that page follows the template, and I have to make my changes again. Any workaround for that?

telecomm

macrumors 65816
Nov 30, 2003
Rome
hyperpasta said:
Hi. I have the same problem as the OP. I can take out elements and rearrange them with ease, but every time I make a new page (even a blog post), that page follows the template, and I have to make my changes again. Any workaround for that?
Why not just select a page you've formatted and then duplicate it (command+D) to create an identical page, then edit the new page from there?

7on

macrumors 601
Nov 9, 2003
Dress Rosa
telecomm said:
Why not just select a page you've formatted and then duplicate it (command+D) to create an identical page, then edit the new page from there?
Yeah, that suggestion was posted on the .Mac blog

the Western zoo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 16, 2006
Aarhus C, Denmark
I ended up just writing the thing in HTML my self - though I'm not very good at that so it propperly even close to beeing W3C valid...
but I let my self be inspired by iWeb's templates so in some way I had some use of them...

if you like you can check out the result at http://west.users.whitehat.dk - I am currently considering buying a domain and hosting of my own but for now I'll stick with this free webhosting....