iweb-iphoto interface suddenly stopped working (can't add photos!)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by stmcmaho, Nov 22, 2009.

1. stmcmaho macrumors newbie

hey everyone...
    for about a year i've been using iweb to create a simple web page, which includes photo album pages, each with several albums that were put there simply by dragging and dropping an "event" from iphoto via the media browser. about a week ago, i tried to add some new photos and iweb won't take them. when i drag an event from the media browser to the albums page i want to add it to, i see a lightened image of the thumbnail, the green circle with the "+" sign, and the red icon with the number of images, but when i let go of the mouse button, the image bounces back to the media browser and nothing gets added to the web page. i've tried creating new, blank pages and adding them there, all with the same result.

i've rummaged around these forums and some others and found a few instances of similar problems, but none of the proposed solutions fixed my problem. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

cheers,
    shawn

2. discinque macrumors newbie

I had this same issue and was searching for a solution when I found your thread. Haven't seen a response anywhere so I thought I'd post the solution. I had the exact same issues - the problem was that iWeb is looking for a folder to be moved onto the page - not individual images. I moved all my pictures in to a folder on iPhoto and dragged that folder into iWeb and it worked like a charm.

3. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

I know this is an old post, but I'm having the same issue. I tried just a single photo, and a folder with photos in it. I am trying from a folder on my desktop, still nothing.