iWeb is not publishing to internet explorer browser

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Kirstyjo33, Dec 22, 2008.

1. Kirstyjo33 macrumors newbie

After publishing my 5th entry to my blog, it was not until the 6th have i had a problem. It seems to be publishing fine and even comes up in safari and firefox but not in internet explorer. Since most people use ie I have to see that this gets fixed. I have tried republishing, publishing to a folder, hoping that it was just a code problem and nothing seems to work. Pleae help!

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Which version of iWeb are you using? Is your IE install version 6 or 7 that you're using for testing? Have you checked for iWeb updates in Software Update?

My iWeb sites work just fine in Internet Explorer.

3. Kirstyjo33 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have never had a problem before until this last post. Any other time Ie has worked just fine. I am not actually checking it on my macbook but on my home computer and several friends have checked for me. So i am not sure what version they have. I did check for the updates and i have the latest iweb update installed already.

4. Dimwhit macrumors 68000

Dimwhit

Does your last post contain any formatting or special inserts that the others don't? Could be you have something more obscure that iWeb isn't producing in a way IE can handle.

5. Kirstyjo33 thread starter macrumors newbie

Nope, just pictures and the blog entry...that's all. What's weird is the blog title and the date will show, as well as the previoius/next buttons and "made on a mac" will show at the bottom. But no pictures, no blog entry......and it took me a while to do so i'm no looking forward to redoing everything. If there was a way to duplicate it and try publishing. It could be something wrong with the coding.

maybe you might want to take a look at it for yourself: http://web.me.com/kirstyjo33

6. Kirstyjo33 thread starter macrumors newbie

7. Dimwhit macrumors 68000

Dimwhit

The only thing I can suggest is to go into iWeb, copy the contents of the post, then delete your new post and create a new one. It could be a gliche with that post that can be cleared by doing it over. But copying the old one can save you having to redo it all.