iWeb Link to .pdf Works on PC but not on Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sbeckett, Sep 19, 2010.

1. sbeckett macrumors newbie

I have been looking for a solution to this problem for the past few weeks without success. I recently created a website using iWeb. On one page, I include a link to a downloadable .pdf document. When I visit the website on a PC using Internet Explorer, the link is live and works just as intended. Other PC users have the same experience. When I visit the website on a Mac, using either Safari or Firefox, the link is dead. Other Mac users have the same problem. The link does work within the website on the Macbook where I created and store the website. I have tried republishing to no avail. The fact that PC's can access the document indicate that the link is good and that the file is properly sited on the server. Any suggestions as to how to fix this?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

What shows up in the address bar on a Mac when you try to follow it?

3. sbeckett thread starter macrumors newbie

Nothing shows up other than the url for the page on which the link appears. The link itself is dead--nothing happens or changes in the address line when you click on it. On a PC it goes from "...._About.html" to "...._About_files/...._About_Resume.pdf" when you click on the link.

4. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Can you provide a link or the source that we can take a look at?

jW

5. sbeckett thread starter macrumors newbie

The link that is giving me the problem is the "click here" at the bottom of this page:

HTML:
    http://willbuck.com/Will_Buck_Music_Website/Will_Buck_About.html

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

The link on the page doesn't work for me. I'm in the office running windows xp and firefox

Edit:
    Seems IE is handling the href tag differently (read wrongly) then firefox and safari. I'd create the link in such a way in iweb that doesn't create a relative link, i.e., no pathing information.