iWeb Mess

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by Laurencia7, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Laurencia7 macrumors 6502

I used iweb to create a website for a client and I always check it in different browsers, but do not have IE on my mac...but it really works in Safari but Firefox has all these issues, larger images are just back squares, and my shadows are large boxes and not transparent shadows.

Can anyone help me resolve this?
    www.neilgarrisonart.com

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Browser testing iWeb sites can be a pain, especially since it's not usually obvious how to fix issues. If you search the forums you'll find a number of threads on issues with iWeb sites in various browsers. Sometimes people will have to delete and re-add content, some have to delete entire pages and re-created them in order for things to become fixed.

3. Laurencia7 thread starter macrumors 6502

4. Les Kern macrumors 68040

Les Kern

I would steer away from using iWeb for any client ASAP. It was designed for casual home users, not for developing a company web site. Using DreamWeaver or similar SW would be in order as they have tools to check browser versions. If you use iWeb expect to spend a considerable amount of time optimizing, and in some cases failing.

5. jonnysods macrumors 603

jonnysods

This is true. When I was brand new to web I made the mistake of making 3 customer websites in iWeb. What i went through on a browser compatibility level was horrendous (and still is).

If you really, really struggle with making websites in dreamweaver etc, try wordpress or rapidweaver. Wordpress is the best ever, with tons of modifiable themes.