iWeb, MobileMe, and GoDaddy.com

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by techie4life, Aug 2, 2008.

1. techie4life macrumors 6502

Ok, so I have a basic website designed with iWeb. I have MobileMe, and my own domain from GoDaddy.com. I have added my personal domain to MobileMe, and setup GoDaddy, via their tech-support. The website was working for a little bit, but only on my iMac, not my Windows laptop. Now, when I try to access my website, it says "This website is temporarily unavailable, please try again later." Oh, and I'm hoping to host the website through MobileMe, which, as I said before, was working for a little bit. Anyone have any idea what the problem is, and how to resolve it?

2. benmrii macrumors 65816

benmrii

First question: iWeb from iLife '06 or '08? What you're trying to do is only supported in '08.

3. techie4life thread starter macrumors 6502

4. thespazz macrumors 6502a

Did you successfully alter the DNS (CNAME) on GoDaddy to that required by MobileMe? If so, wait another day or so and the website should show up properly. It takes time for the change to propagate through the major hosts.

5. techie4life thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes, I changed the CNAME successfully, following the instructions of GoDaddy's support. The website was up for a little while, but for the past few days, it has been "temporarily unavailable."

6. jzuena macrumors 6502a

jzuena

I bypassed the whole apple as your dns host issue and got a free account on zoneedit.com. They assigned two nameservers to host my domain and I went to GoDaddy and entered those two nameservers in. Then on zoneedit I set up webforwards for www.mydomain.com to http://www.mac.com/myaccount and gallery.mydomain.com to http://gallery.mac.com/myaccount and everything just worked. Of course, I had zoneedit doing my dns long before I had .mac

7. sparkomatic macrumors 6502a

sparkomatic

That's very odd. Maybe it's a MobileMe issue?

Not that this helps but I can tell you that I'm doing the same thing through GoDaddy and, once I made the change, it took immediately and I've had no issues since.

8. emelex macrumors newbie

i am using godaddy forwarding and masking for my webpage.. but it is really irritating because i have subdomains that dont show up.. the url always reads "mydomain.com" instead of showing the pages i have linked to. i want to use CNAMEs.. and i tried once... putting "web.me.com" in the alias field... and i added my personal domain on mobileme... i dont think i am doing the cnames right. can anybody help with that?