iweb - Moving to intel mac from the Mac G5

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Shane Eckart, May 8, 2011.

1. Shane Eckart macrumors newbie

I'm new to the forums and was wondering if I am going to be able to move my iweb files from my G5 imac to the new Imac.
    I have several web sites that I have done... I want to still be able to edit them when need to....
    Is this going to be possible? If so, how ?

Any help would be appreciated,
    Mahalo,
    Shane

2. AdrianK macrumors 68020

The Intel and PPC versions of iWork (and everything else in iLife) are exactly the same. So no, it absolutely wont make a difference :)

3. Shane Eckart thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you...but how do I get my web sites to the new mac to be able to work on them ?

4. PeggyD macrumors 6502a

You iWeb site is a file named Domain.sites2 located in HD > Users > (your account) > Library > Application Support. Copy the file to the same location on your new Mac.

5. Shane Eckart, May 9, 2011
    Last edited: May 9, 2011

Shane Eckart thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you very much.... I hope this works... my file says just Domain... I'm figuring that be what I have to move.... I will be getting my new Imac this Wednesday or Thursday... Ordered it last week and just trying to get things ready to transfer... Thanks again for the help... :)

6. patp Guest

planning ahead and going over it in your mind ahead of time is good solid advice. you're already mapping out what to do and that's great. good luck to you on your new iMac!

7. PeggyD macrumors 6502a

You may have extensions hidden. I wouldn't worry about it unless it doesn't work on the new Mac.

8. foodforfilm macrumors newbie

Quicken 6 transfer

Greetings,
    I am upgrading from my old Imac G5 (no Intel, OS 10.4.11) to brand new 21.5" 2.7Ghz. My only concern is transferring my Quicken 6 (checkbook registers).

I wrote Intuit (Quicken) and they couldn't give me an answer. Any suggestions? Thanks, Alice