iWeb: moving website from one computer to another

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by w_parietti22, Jun 20, 2007.

1. w_parietti22 macrumors 68020

I made a website for a friend using iWeb and now she want me to move it to her computer but I dont know how to do it. Any ideas?

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Copy the file ~/Library/Application Support/iWeb/Domain to the same folder on the other machine.

3. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

In the user's library, in the Application Support folder, open the iWeb folder, and the file named "Domain" is the one you want.

EDIT: nevermind

4. nancyrae macrumors newbie

:confused: I can only get as far as Application Support there is no file for iWeb or Domain...... I have an iWeb site.... what;s up with this???
    I would like my son to be able to help my out with my website. He is a pro + I am a beginner..... We are both using Leopard - but he is living in NZ for a while..... He can access my screen, but not my website to be able to help me with it

5. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Make sure you are looking at the Library folder inside your user folder, not the library folder directly from the root of your hard drive.

6. BullBoyKennels macrumors member

A perfect way of doing it is to use Backup_3.1.2.dmg for leopard just select to do a custom save for iWeb save it to a folder of your choice then just re-run Backup on the other machine & select restore. Also note that if they already have an existing site then when you restore it make sure to only restore new files that way the previous sites are not lost. Now if they don't have any iWeb sites just do the normal restore and all will be put back in Place as it was on your machine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfCqYZooTHA

7. crucesignati macrumors newbie

crucesignati

Moving iWeb from one mac to another

Copying the iweb folder under the path listed above from my imac to my mbp worked like a champ. thank you.

8. stevenstevens69 macrumors newbie

can you help please

Ok I have my domain folder which retrieved form a backup. i have my site file. And have new sites on i web which I do not want ti interfere with. So how do i get my older site folder and the domain file to launch on i web alongside the existing ones

cheers

steve

9. rickdollar macrumors 6502

Thanks Swiftaw.
    Very easy and worked perfectly!