iWeb - Need help for album page

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by lemonhk, Mar 28, 2009.

1. lemonhk macrumors newbie

iWeb - Need help for album page

Dear Guys,
    I want to directly show the Full Screen slideshow when i click on the album cover on of the album page. (skip the photo page and details page)
    Anyone can teach/help me please? what should i do?

2. lemonhk thread starter macrumors newbie

3. SrWebDeveloper macrumors 68000

SrWebDeveloper

Need link to see your existing photos. When users click on that do you want to open a new browser window, maximized, showing the slideshow (which I assume you've already created, if so, need to see that also) in iWeb?

4. lemonhk thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you for your reply, SrWeb
    i created the website using iWeb basically.
    and i know there is 4 step from album page to slideshow page
    album -> photo -> details -> slideshow

i dont want it jump into the photo page or details page
    can it directly open the max screen slideshow page with a new browser when ppl select a album?

thx help~

5. SrWebDeveloper macrumors 68000

SrWebDeveloper

As you did not include a link, here is the concept, it's up to you to make it happen:

(This example assumes you've created a page called "slideshow.html" which is the actual slideshow, this is very important)

1) Make each album link using the target attribute as follows:

<a href="slideshow.html" target="_blank">View Slideshow</a> <!-- opens slideshow.html in a new browser window using HTML -->

2) Add the following Javascript in the head section of slideshow.html or at the bottom of that page:

Code:
    <script>
    <!--//

top.window.moveTo(0,0);
    if (document.all) {
    top.window.resizeTo(screen.availWidth,screen.availHeight);
    }
    else if (document.layers||document.getElementById) {
    if (top.window.outerHeight < screen.availHeight||top.window.outerWidth < screen.availWidth){
    top.window.outerHeight = screen.availHeight;
    top.window.outerWidth = screen.availWidth;
    }
    }
    //-->
    </script>
    That will attempt to maximize the browser window as you requested. Users with Javascript disabled or have constraints set in their browser not to resize windows will not see the browser page maximized, and there isn't a thing you can do about it.

NOTE:
    You did not describe if you had multiple slide shows, i.e. one for album, or one that requires parameters passed to it to load the right one, or whatever, so this reply assumes one slide show per album. It's up to you to use the proper paths and filename names, of course. This is a CONCEPT, do not simply copy/paste the link example and expect it to work.

-jim

6. lemonhk thread starter macrumors newbie

thx SrWebDeveloper details reply.
    i can get what u teaching me.
    But i got some question
    i m trying to use iWeb with MobileMe
    1. After i edited the "slideshow.html". And i update the site thought iWeb, will "slideshow.html" change back to regular?
    Let me explain more clearly with pic.
    a. i created the album pages as (1)
    b. if ppl want to show to slideshow (4), they must go to (2) and (3).
    Can we (1) -> (4) directly? i know we can edit the html, but i dont know if we can still update the site easily with iWeb and MobileMe.:confused:

thx help~

Attached Files:

7. SrWebDeveloper macrumors 68000

SrWebDeveloper

I don't use iWeb or MobileMe so I won't even venture a guess, I'll allow others browsing this topic to chime in on that.

But overall, sounds like you need to create 4 slideshows, each with its own html page such as "slideshow1.html" for the first one and so on. Then on the page listing the albums, link each album to call each slideshow page.

That's as much help as I can offer, I'm moving on to help others now.

-jim