Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jakeroot

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 22, 2009
After editing an iWeb site to near completion, I had to go back and change the fonts, because Helvetica was just doing it for me. I scrolled down to "Myriad Pro", selected it, then I selected "Semi-Bold". It then froze for about 2 seconds, and then the beach-ball appeared.

So far, it just doesn't seem to stop "beach-balling", or loading. After right-clicking on the app in the dock, it said "Application Not Responding". I've received this response in other applications before, on occasion, but never before in iWeb.

I currently run iWeb '09, part of the iLife '09 suite.

I have also received a message that says something about a font change, and I really don't know what that means. It said it was a substituted font. (Image)

I also used to use a program which edited the system font, and many other things, but I can't for the life of my remember what it was called. I uninstalled it, or just threw it into the trash because I never did an installation, because it wasn't required, thinking that that might be the problem, but it didn't work.

Help?

-Jake

clayhalo

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2009
Topanga, CA
RE: Font changes not appearing when published

Try reloading the page if you are in your browser viewing your site and your changes don't appear. That works for me.

I don't know what to tell you about your font issue. There are only about 12-18 web-friendly fonts that will appear identical across all platforms and browsers, and Myriad is NOT one of them. I found I had to compromise aesthetics a bit and stick with those.

Font Doctor is a good font repair utility, well worth the money: http://www.morrisonsoftdesign.com/with_fl/index-7.html

At the very least, make sure your site looks the way you want it to look on Firefox and Safari.

Hope this helps. I'm a total newbie and I feel your pain.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.